28 April 2006

NOW HERE’S A JOB

If I was a youngster again, I’d jump on this in a heartbeat.

Apparently the US Navy is expanding its EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) units and is looking for recruits.

Now, I can recall a similar situation back in my Nam days. I’d originally volunteered for SF and had just gone through the background check. “Okay, men,” said the SF captain. “We don’t need light weapons guys, or EOD guys (both of which I’d signed up for). What we need are medics.”

One would think that having heard that and then having put the barest minimum of thought into it, I would have arrived at the conclusion that perhaps Nam was not such a safe place.

But nooooooooo.

Anyway, I got to do a lot of blowing things up and whatnot even though I didn’t go the SF route and became a LRRP instead. But I’d still jump at the chance to learn EOD.

Any takers?

Here’s the FULL STORY .

No comments: